Web Links


National Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners (NBVME)

Information on the North American Veterinary Licensing Examination

Bismark, ND Phone (701)224-0332

The American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB)

Kansas City, MO

  1. North Americal Veterinary Licensure Examination (NAVLE) Score Transfer Information Phone: (877)698-8482 or (816)931-1504
  2. Information for Graduates from Non-Accredited Veterinary Schools/Colleges - PAVE

American Veterinary Medical Association

  1. List of AVMA Accredited Veterinary Schools/Colleges for Veterinarians
  2. Information for Graduates from Non-Accredited Veterinary Schools/Colleges - ECFVG

North Carolina Veterinary Medical Association

Offers continuing education; Handles legislative matters; Has an ethics and grievance committee available to members only.

Phone: (800)446-2862 or (919)851-5850; Website: NCVMA


International Health Certificates

Phone: (919)855-7700 or (919)855-7100

Veterinary "Accreditation" Information

NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (Veterinary Division)

State-to-State Health Certificates

Phone: (919)707-3250

  1. Livestock Phone: (919)707-3250
  2. Animal Welfare Section Phone: (919)715-7111
  3. Spay & Neuter Program
  4. FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions

NC Department of Revenue

Phone: (877)252-3052

  1. "Privilege License" Information & Application
  2. Tax Information

Veterinary Technicians

American Veterinary Medical Association AVMA

List of AVMA Accredited College/School Programs for Veterinary Technicians

The American Association of Veterinary State Boards AAVSB

Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) Score Transfer Information
Phone: (877)698-8482
How to prepare for the VTNE and VTNE Videos

North Carolina Association of Veterinary Technicians NCAVT


NC DHHS - Department of Health and Human Services

Divison of Public Health / Epidemiology [RABIES]

Phone: (919)733-3410

After Hours Emergency: (919)733-3419

  1. Occupational & Environmental Epidemiology
  2. Vaccination Requirements & Guidelines
  3. Diseases & Topics

NC DHHS - Department of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities & Substance Abuse Services

State agency that registers and inspects facilities if two (2) or more veterinarians work out of the same cache of controlled drugs.

Phone: (919)733-1765

  1. Controlled Substances

NC DHHS - Radiation Protection Section

Phone: (919)814-2250

  1. Guidelines for Written Safety Program
  2. Quick Links
  3. Steps to Install X-Ray Equipment / Register a Facility
  4. Registration Memorandum

Centers for Disease Control (CDC)

FAQ - Animal Importation / Exportation

Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)

Federal agency that registers veterinarians for controlled substances

Greensboro, NC - Phone: (336)547-4219

Atlants, GA - Phone: (888)869-9935 or (404)893-7165

  1. Office of Diversion Control
  2. Questions and Answers
  3. Theft/loss of controlled substances must be reported to DEA. Submit DEA Form 106 and follow all DEA regulations regarding this matter.
  4. If selling or transferring your practice, contact the Drug Control Unit for instructions on how to transfer the drugs.
  5. Disposing Controlled Substances / Expired Narcotics - Do not throw them away with your office trash!
    • #1 - DEA Drug Disposal
    • #2 - Reverse distributors: Pharmaceutical Dimensions is located in North Carolina. Phone: (877)297-4851
    • #3 - Disposal by registrants using activated carbon, read more...

NC Division of Waste Management

Phone: (919)707-8200

Sharps & Medical Waste Disposal Information

US Department of Labor

Washington, DC Phone: (800)321-6742


NC Department of Labor

Phone: (919)807-2796 or (800)625-2267


NC Board of Pharmacy

Phone: (919)246-1050

  1. NCBOP
  2. Compounding See Administrative Code 21 NCAC 46.1810

US Food and Drug Administration

Silver Springs, MD Phone: (888)463-6332